Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
These beautiful, light and refreshing muffins are perfect for springtime!
They are sweet, tart and the chia seeds add an extra boost of fiber and are packed full of omega 3 fatty acids. I also added Marine Collagen which can also help to maintain healthy hair, skin, and nails. They are like little rays of sunshine!
Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
- 2 cups GF all purpose flour
- 2 scoops @nutridomcanada Marine Collagen powder optional
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup raw honey melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from one lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix your dry ingredients together including flour, collagen, baking powder, baking sofa, salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk butter, honey, and maple syrup.
- Add in Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon juice & zest. Add in dry ingredients to wet until smooth.
- Fold in chia seeds. Add batter to lined muffin tin.
- Bake in oven for 20-22 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean in center.
- Optional: Mix 1/2 lemon juice and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar together. Drizzle mixture on top of muffins once cooled. Eat and Enjoy!
Leave a Comment