Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
What is a Dutch baby you may ask? Think of it as a pancake and a quiche all in one. You can make
Dutch baby’s sweet or savoury depending on your mood. I was craving prosciutto this morning and
came up with this dish. I know you are going to love it! This is a great dish for brunch or anytime you want to switch up your breakfast routine.
Savoury Dutch Baby with Prosciutto & Mozzarella
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2/3 cup gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup almond milk Regular milk works too
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5-6 slices prosciutto
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- 1 tbsp basil chopped
- 2 tbsp Parmesan shaved
- 1/2 cup mozzarella sliced
- Heat cast iron pan in oven at 450 degrees
- In a blender, add flour, milk, salt, eggs, salt until smooth.
- Remove cast iron pan from oven and add in mixture. Top with chives, basil, Parmesan cheese, & prosciutto.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Mixture will puff up but go back down.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh mozzarella, more prosciutto, fresh basil. Viola!
- Eat and enjoy your Dutch baby.