Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
This salad is incredibly fresh, flavourful and delicious. The simple salad dressing hits all the spots with its sweet and savoury flavours. The Dijon from just pops in your mouth! This is a great healthier alternative to mayo and egg potato salad but still very comforting. I like to use a variety of baby potatoes including red, white and purple. They are also the perfect bite size! You can make this recipe ahead of time and is perfect for a BBQ or a great side dish to any meal!
Spring Herbed Potato Salad
- 2 pounds baby potatoes cut in half
- 2 tsp salt
For Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Seedy Dijon Mustard I like Kozlik's Triple Crunch Mustard
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice about 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large salted pot of boiling water. Boil for about 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, s&p.
- Add in chopped fresh herbs.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes and dressing together. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Leave a Comment