Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
It’s Asparagus season and you can bet I am making the most of it!
My colourful Orange Citrus Asparagus with Parmesan is the perfect side dish to any meal. This light and orange fragrant recipe is almost too pretty to eat. The asparagus is perfectly al dente with orange, sweet onion sauce topped with shaved Parmesan. This is the ultimate side dish that looks fancy but is soooo easy to make. Your family will love.
Orange Citrus Asparagus with Parmesan
- 1 medium orange all of the zest and 1/4 cup juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sweet onion minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Put juice of the orange in a small sauce pan bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place trimmed asparagus into pot of salted boiling water for only 2-4 minutes. Immediately place in ice bath to keep the asparagus from cooking more.
- Mince the sweet onion and place in bowl with vinegar and lemon juice, dijon mustard and orange zest.
- Whisk together the orange juice with the sweet onion mix.
- Place the asparagus on a serving plate and put dressing on and top with shaved Parmesan cheese, some salt and pepper and Enjoy!!