Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Why not add a bright fresh salsa to your grilled or baked chicken? This is a must try with super fresh ingredients and your whole family will love. Meet my BBQ Chicken with Mango Jalapeno Salsa.
This recipe is packed with bold sweet and spicy flavours. It’s perfect for grilled meats, vegetables or even yummy fish tacos! It is super light, refreshing and even gluten free.
It’s super easy to make and the flavours just marry together even better the next day. I love making this recipe in the summer time. It’s the perfect side for grill season.
All you need is a few ingredients to get you started. The other good thing about this recipe is that you probably have a lot of the ingredients already on hand. If you have most of them but not the mango, you can get creative and substitute for another fruit. Pineapple works great or even tomatoes.
BBQ Chicken with Mango Salsa
- 2 mangoes diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño finely diced
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or mint chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Optional: add 1 tbsp hot sauce of choice
- In a large bowl, mix together mango, red pepper, jalapeno, green onions, ginger, limes, cilantro, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Let marinate for 30 minutes or more in the fridge.
- Season chicken and place on grill until throughly cooked through. Set aside.
- Top the fresh mango salsa on top of chicken and serve immediately. Salsa can be refrigerated up to 5 days.