Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Happy New Years Friends! This is the best time to jumpstart our health and start feeling good in our bodies after a month long holiday indulgence. I know I just crave tons of vegetables this time of year and trust me they make me feel so much better. I hope you enjoy this recipe and can start feeling good in your body. This is a great recipe that is gluten free and can be made vegan if you chose to do so.
This amazing salad is packed with fresh ingredients, bold flavours and I am seriously addicted! Paired with my fav dressing, it is literally the bomb. You will want to put it on everything including vegetables, salads, even dips!
If you find yourself snacking but never really feeling satisfied, you probably need to load up on some veggies and protein, this recipe is packed with both. You can also add in cooked chicken breast for even more healthy lean proteins. My Healthy Greek Chickpea Salad is the ultimate quick lunch fix, and trust me you will want to try it too!
Healthy Greek Chickpea Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup chickpeas rinsed and skins removed
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 orange pepper diced
- 1 cup cucumbers diced
- 1/2 red onion diced finely
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese optional to make dairy free!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh herbs cilantro parsley, basil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Dice all vegetables into small cube sizes and place in a large bowl.
- Blend together Greek yogurt, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the chickpea salad. Mix well together. Eat and enjoy!
This looks so bright and colourful! Thanks for sharing great recipes Rachelle!