Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Rise and shine with my delightful Peach Banana Muffins.
I was absolutely craving peaches this week and all I could find at the store was a giant box of them. I could not resist even though it had about 30 peaches in it. I decided to make these deliciously moist muffins. These are a play on banana bread and taste so good. Also leave no peach behind!
They are perfectly sweet from the peaches and ripened bananas. I added a bit of date sugar. They are refined sugar free, so you can eat more without the guilt. This is terrific breakfast or a quick snack on the go. Your kids will love the taste!
Peach Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripened bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 2 tbsp butter melted and cooled or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup peaches diced- save 12 sliced for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In medium bowl mix together dry ingredients- flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, mash the bananas. Add in date sugar, butter and egg. Mix well and add greek yogurt. Fold in peaches.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet until combined.
- Use a muffin scooper to add the batter to the muffin tin 3/4 full. Add slice peach to top of each muffin.
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted through the top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Eat and enjoy!