Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Summer is in full swing and you can bet I am soaking up every little bit of sunshine. ☀️ My Peach Tomato Burrata Salad is sweet and savoury and the perfect side dish for the summer months.
My mother lives in a beautiful rural neighbourhood that has some incredible local farms right outside her back door. When I go to visit her, I love checking out those farms and sourcing the freshest and organic vegetables and fruits I can find. They also have a huge peach festival and it is something I look forward to each and every year. This Peach Tomato Burrata Salad is inspired by this spent with her.
I love making this salad for dinner parties. The good news is that this salad can be made in under 15 minutes. It also looks absolutely beautiful and tastes even better. A perfect salad to impress your guests.
Time to soak up some beautiful local Ontario summer harvest! 🍑🍅
- Burrata: Burrata is more creamy consistency but you can also use Flor Di Latte which is a bit more dense mozzarella
- Peaches: Summer fresh peaches work great but you can also use Nectarines.
- Heirloom Tomatoes: these tomatoes give a great diverse colour appeal but regular beefsteak tomatoes work just as good
- Cherry Tomatoes: these are nice and sweet and give a great contract to the other acidic tomatoes
- Fresh Basil: fresh is best, if you don’t have any on hand, you can substitute with fresh parsley, dill or cilantro
- Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil: This type of olive oil has no added solvents or chemicals making for a cleaner and healthier taste
- Balsamic Glaze: Glaze had a thicker consistency and wont make the salad soggy. You can also substitute with Balsamic vinegar
- Optional Garnish: You can add roasted pumpkin seeds or diced pistachios for added crunch
Tomato Peach Burrata Salad
- 8 ounces fresh burrata or Flor di latte
- 3 ripe peaches
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 1 pint small heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice large tomatoes in round and place on a platter.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and add to platter.
- Break open burrata or Flor di latte and place on top of tomatoes.
- Tear basil leaves and garnish all over mixture.
- Top with olive oil, balsamic glaze, salt and pepper.
- *Option to add in pumpkin seeds or pistachios for added crunch. Eat and enjoy!