Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
It’s finally grilling season! Say hello to my Ginger Teriyaki Chicken & Pineapple Skewers!🍍
The secret ingredient is @Charcrust Ginger Teriyaki Dry Run Seasoning. It literally seals in the juices of your meat every time.
These BBQ grilled skewers are bursting with bold flavours. The sweet and savoury teriyaki sauce mixed with fresh peppers, pineapple, red onions and tender chicken totally hit the spot!
I am obsessed with grilled pineapple. It is one of my favourite things to eat in the warmer months. These skewers taste like dinner and a sweet dessert!
- Chicken Breasts, boneless cut into cubes
- @charcrust Ginger Teriyaki Dry Rub Seasoning
- Red onion cut into cubes
- Pineapple cut into cubes
- Bell peppers red yellow, orange cut into cubes
- For the Marinade:
- Coconut sugar, or regular sugar will do
- Pineapple juice, or orange juice
- Black pepper
Teriyaki Ginger Chicken & Pineapple Skewers
- 4 chicken breasts Boneless cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup @charcrust Ginger Teriyaki Dry Rub Seasoning
- 1 medium red onion cut into cubes
- 3 cups pineapple cut into cubes
- 2-3 medium bell peppers red yellow, orange cut into cubes
- For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk together tamari, date sugar, pineapple juice, garlic, salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch. Add to pot and bring the heat up to high. Whisk together until the mixture starts to thicken about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Save 2 tbsp. of marinade to drizzle at the end.
- Dice chicken into cube sized pieces. Season meat with @charcrust Ginger Teriyaki Dry Rub Seasoning. Dice up bell peppers, red onion & pineapple. Pour the marinade over the chicken and leave in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Add all of your chicken, vegetables and pineapple on to a skewer.
- Place skewers on medium/ high heat on a BBQ. Grill for 8 minutes, then rotate to cook other side for another 8 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Remove from the grill. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro. Eat and Enjoy!
- Check out @charcrust Dry Rub Seasoning for all your BBQ needs!