Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
We’re kicking off summer right with my Southwest Chipotle Chicken Tacos. 🌮
You know we are using the good stuff so I have my @charcrust Southwest Chipotle Dry Rub Seasoning. I love this product because it seals in all the juices. It’s perfect for meats, fish and even vegetables!
You can check out some of their amazing flavours on their website https://www.charcrust.com/ Some of my favourites include Southwest Chipotle, Roasted Garlic Peppercorn, All American Barbecue, and Ginger Teriyaki.
These amazing tacos are bursting with bold flavousr and are so simple to make. I love mixing up my toppings to customize the perfect taco. I know your whole family will love this recipe for the summer or every weekly Taco Tuesday.
You only need a few Ingredients to get started:
–Chicken Thighs: These hold the most flavour but you can also use chicken breasts
–Charcrust Dry Rub Seasoning: I love using Southwest Chipotle flavour for these tacos
–Olive Oil: I love working with cold pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
–Corn Tortilla’s: I prefer corn as they are gluten free but you can also use flour tortilla’s
For the Cilantro Topping Mix I love adding:
-Sweet or Vidalia Onions: these have a nice taste to them when raw
–Cilantro: Fresh cilantro works best, but if you are not a fan you can substitute with fresh parsley
–Red Thai Chilies: Be careful these can be really hot, if you would like to make a milder version, add fresh jalapenos with all the seeds removed
–Lime Juice: Fresh lime juice is best but you can use lemon if you do not have any on hand
Alternative Toppings include:
–Feta or Cotija cheese
–Pico De Gallo
–Hot Sauce of choice
Southwest Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 8 chicken thighs skinless & boneless
- 1/2 cup Char Crust® Southwest Chipotle
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 10-12 corn or flour tortillas
- Cilantro mix:
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup red thai chilies
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh jalapenos
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- On a flat surface, pat dry all your chicken thighs. Coat the chicken in Southwest Chipotle dry-rub seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet on medium to high heat with olive oil. Add in your chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces. Add half of the onion to the skillet with chopped chicken. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together cilantro, other half of onion, thai chilies, and lime juices. In small bowls, set up all the rest of your toppings- guacamole, fresh cotija or feta cheese, jalapenos and limes. Set aside.
- Cook tortillas on a flat surface for 2-3 minutes until warmed. Assemble your tacos with chicken mixture, cilantro mixture and whatever toppings you like. Eat and enjoy!