Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Trigger Warning 🚨This recipe will be an explosion of flavour in your mouth.
Say hello to Spicy Tofu Burrito Bowl with Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing topped with @don_chilio Jalapeño Chili Oil.
I was inspired by my recent trip to Costa Rica, and how fresh, vibrant and healthy the food was there.
This is such a simple recipe to make and super filling! You will not miss having meat in it. This dish is completely vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
What I love about making these bowls is that you can customize to whatever toppings you like. You can add in some tomatoes, arugula, cucumbers, or any type of vegetables you have on hand.
I love this Don Chilio hot chili oil. It brings so much flavour to the dish and you can literally put it on anything. I like to add it to my morning toast, vegetables, eggs, tacos etc.
They have lots of flavours to choose from depending on how hot you like it. The Jalapeno is my absolute favourite flavour. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Spicy Tofu Burrito Bowl with Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- To assemble bowl:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 jalapeño sliced seeds removed
- 1 tbsp @don_chilio Jalapeño chili oil
- To make dressing:
- 2 cups fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1/2 lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix all tofu ingredients together. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or air fryer. Cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through until crispy.
- In a food processor, Mia together all ingredients for dressing.
- Place cooked brown rice, corn, black beans, avocado, pico de gallo, jalapeños in bowl. Top with cooked spicy tofu.
- Top with fresh cilantro dressing and @don_chilio Jalapeño chili oil. Viola, eat and enjoy!