Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Dinner just got quicker & easier with my Caramelized Shiitake Mushrooms & Jasmine Rice Dish. Made with Tilda Steamed Jasmine Rice.
This recipe is bursting with bold Southeast Asian flavours and can be made in under 20 minutes! This dish is gluten-free & vegan, so you can feel good about what you are eating.
Join me in a world of flavour with my delicious Caramelized Shiitake Mushrooms & Jasmine Rice. Making life easier, Tilda steamed Jasmine Rice allows me to whip up a delicious meal in no time. With Tilda, enjoy
classic Southeast Asian dishes with the fuss taken out of complex recipes. Just heat and its ready to serve in only 2 minutes. You are going to love this recipe! To find out more about Tilda’s Rice click here.
Shallots- chopped finely
Package of Tilda Jasmine Rice.
Shiitake Mushrooms- stems removed & sliced thinly
Tamari or Soy Sauce
Garlic- Freshly Minced
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Caramelized Shiitake Mushrooms with Jasmine Rice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 shallots chopped finely
- 1 package of @Tildacanada Jasmine Rice.
- 1 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms stems removed & sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Garnish: fresh chopped green onions & toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add sesame oil & shallots. Cook until translucent.
- Add in sliced shiitake mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Approx 7-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, sugar, garlic, sesame oil, & black pepper. Pour sauce mixture over mushrooms & shallots. Cook until sauce is absorbed and mushrooms become caramelized.
- In a separate pan, warm up Tilda Steamed Jasmine Rice. Serve in bowls, top with shiitake mushrooms. Garnish with green onions & sesame seeds. Eat and Enjoy.