Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
These little perfect rounds of sweet potato are bursting with flavour! They are perfect for a dinner side or even a special festive holiday evening. I just love making sweet potatoes. Anything from french fries, to mashed, to roasted in the oven with just paprika, salt and pepper. They always turn out amazing, full of flavour and moist.
Brushed with garlic butter and feta, this is an incredible way to switch up your sweet potato recipe!
This is super easy to make and can be ready in under 40 minutes. You will be happy that you did. This dish is also gluten-free! If you want to make vegan, please see my notes below.
Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Feta and Garlic
- 2 large sweet potatoes sliced in 1 inch thick rounds
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Garnish: fresh chives or green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place parchment paper on baking sheet. Slice the potatoes into 1-inch thick rounds.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Brush the sweet potatoes with the garlic butter mixture. Bake for approx 25 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and gently use a fork to smash the potatoes. Sprinkle the feta evenly over the potatoes.
- Broil them for 3-4 minutes until the cheese gets slightly melty. Garnish with red pepper flakes and chopped chives. Eat and enjoy!