Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
This is an incredible family favourite crowd pleasing recipe! It is very easy to make. It is such a great appetizer for any occasion and is bursting with flavour. I love using gruyere and Parmesan cheese for this dish. It pairs so nicely with the artichoke hearts and any type of sourdough bread will do. Or you can use a French baguette cut into rounds. And let’s be honest cheese, garlic and bread make the perfect marriage. ( In my dreams right?!) I like to make this recipe with olive sourdough to give it an extra depth of flavour.
Cheesy Artichoke Toasts
- 3 slices sourdough or French baguette bread medium sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream full fat
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Place oven on low broil.
- Place sourdough slices on baking sheet and rub with olive oil.
- Put in oven on low broil for 2 minutes, flip for 1 min until golden in colour.
- Reduce oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together artichokes, parmesan cheese, gruyere cheese, sour cream, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture on toasts and bake in oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, slice on angle and option to sprinkle parsley or chives on top. Enjoy!