Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I never met a bruschetta I didn’t like. What is better than sweet tomatoes, savoury garlic, Parmesan cheese over a bed of crusty bread?! Sign me up please! It takes me right back to Italy, drinking the house wine, and eating my way through the beautiful countryside. This homemade Bruschetta is easier than you think!
I love making this recipe during the summer time when the local tomatoes are at their prime. This is a great appetizer for a large group of people. Serve the bruschetta mix in a bowl on its own so people can make their own toasts or you make it for them right before serving.
Best Homemade Bruschetta
- 6-7 Roma tomatoes ripe
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil good quality
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 basil leaves fresh
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large French baguette
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- In a medium pot of boiling water, blanch your tomatoes for one minute. Remove from heat and peel tomatoes. (Cooking hack- score the bottom on the tomato with an X. This will make the tomatoes easier to peel.) Finely chop tomatoes removing the seeds.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- In a medium bowl mix together tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, s&p.
- Add bruschetta mixture to top of crostini. Garnish with shredded Parmesan Cheese and fresh basil.. Viola easy as that. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment